Living on Purpose: Bishop T.D. Jakes
A true visionary and entrepreneur, Bishop T.D. Jakes exudes purpose. Not just when he is in the pulpit but wherever he is, he commands the attention of his audience and inspires them towards purpose. Bishop Jakes is a producer, minister, author, and talk show host. In everything he does his purpose is always the same to uplift people and help them live better lives.
Carolyn Brown from Black Enterprise Magazine originally shared Bishop Jakes’ 11 Principles to Succeed in Business and Life.
“Here are some of the top lessons the bishop has learned about operating a business and living life authentically:
- “You can hire intelligence, but you cannot hire instinct. Instinct can tell you what, why, and when to do something (such as when do you launch a product).”
- “Intellect loads the gun —but instinct pulls the trigger.”
- “If you have no records, you’re a hustler, not a business person. Data is a tool.”
- “Every opportunity I’ve ever seen came dressed as an obstacle.”
- “We are aborting too many thoughts prior to birthing them—all success starts as a thought.”
- “You are so busy with people who drain you, you don’t have time for people who build you.”
- “When what is in you is bigger than what is around you, you have to crack out of that shell.”
- “I refuse to be a slave to who you think I am.”
- “Find people like you in work ethic, but different in talent. Hire someone to complete you, not compete with you.”
- “I’m not afraid to die. I’m afraid of not living first.”
- “We all have a destiny. Find the courage to drive past the challenges, pains, and even the shortcuts of life.”